At Mint Letterpress, our mastery in the art of letterpress printing is complemented by our selection of premium inks. Each ink type we use has been chosen for its unique properties, ensuring that every print product we produce meets the highest standards of quality and aesthetics.
Here's an overview of the inks we use and what you can expect from each:
Pantone Spot Color Inks
Overview: Pantone Spot Colors are the industry standard for precision color matching. These inks are formulated to produce consistent and vibrant colors on uncoated paper stocks.
- Precise color matching ensures brand consistency.
- Vibrant and rich color output.
- Ideal for projects requiring specific brand colors or unique shades.
- Limited to specific Pantone colors; not suitable for designs requiring a gradient or multiple shades of a single color.
Pantone Metallic Inks
Overview: Pantone Metallics bring a touch of luxury and shine to your print products. These inks contain metallic particles that reflect light, adding a shimmering effect to the printed design.
- Adds a luxurious and premium feel to the print.
- Ideal for special occasions, invitations, and high-end business cards.
- Distinctive and eye-catching.
- May not be suitable for designs requiring fine details or small text due to the reflective nature of the ink.
- Not as metallic as hot foil stamping.
Pantone Neon & Pastel Inks
Overview: For designs that demand a touch of whimsy or a bold statement, our Pantone Neon & Pastels inks are the perfect choice. These inks offer soft, muted tones and bright, electrifying shades.
- Perfect for designs that aim to stand out or evoke a specific mood.
- Offers a wide range of unique shades, from soft pastels to vibrant neons.
- Ideal for creative projects and artistic prints.
- Neon colors may fade faster than traditional inks when exposed to sunlight.
4-Color Process (CMYK)
Overview: The 4-Color Process, also known as CMYK, is a method where four ink colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black) are combined in varying amounts to produce a full spectrum of colors.
- Allows for full-color images and designs.
- Suitable for designs with gradients, shadows, and photo-realistic elements.
- Versatile and widely used in the printing industry.
- Slight variations in color may occur due to the mixing process.
- Not as precise as Pantone Spot Colors for brand-specific shades.
- Lighter colors duller than spot color Pantones.
At Mint Letterpress, our expertise in ink selection and application ensures that every project we undertake is executed with precision and passion. Trust in our mastery, and let us bring your vision to life with the perfect ink.